Enjoy The Ride: 7 Great Bike Trails In Charlotte, NC
If you like cycling, there’s nowhere better – or more beautiful – to get outside and ride than Charlotte.
Whether you’re pedaling a cruiser, churning it out on a road bike or shredding a trail on a mountain bike, every option is available.
To help you find the ride you’re looking for, we’ve rounded up seven of the best rides in Charlotte to get you on your way.
- Little Sugar Creek – Part of an expanding track of trails and land connectors ranging from Toby Creek Greenway on North Tryon Street to Cordelia Park just north of uptown. It currently has a little over six miles of paved track for a safe, scenic ride – and yes, they have a bathroom for pit stops along the way.
- Four Mile Creek – Easily accessible with light traffic, this four mile out-and-back trail through the creeks and wetlands just outside of the city center is a refreshing ride with lots of wildlife to enjoy. So get out of the city and get you some nature.
- Charlotte Rail Trail – Take a fun cultural cruise through the heart of downtown on this 4.5-mile paved track along the rail line. It connects South End to Uptown and you’ll have plenty to see along the way. With art murals, the ‘Before I Die’ wall plus plenty of bars and restaurants where you can stop and refill the tank. There’s lots of B-cycle stations where you can rent a bike so there’s no reason not to take this ride.
- Huntersville Business Park – If you’re looking for a dose of speed, the two-mile loop around Huntersville Business park is where you need to go. Just north of the city, some of the best cyclists in Charlotte go here to train. Both sides of the road are edged by bike lanes with plenty of room for groups of riders. Well-lit, so you can stretch your ride out later.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center – Touted as the nation’s premier outdoor sporting facility promoting whitewater rafting and kayaking, paddle boarding, rock climbing, mountain biking and more. You can get lost on 50 plus miles of singletrack trail with difficulties ranging from beginner to expert.
- Sherman Branch Mountain Biking Park – If you want to amp it up and get out in the sticks, this is the place. A great well-maintained mountain biking trail with berms, skinnys, rock gardens, a dinosaur back, a few ladder bridges and drops. There are options for all of the obstacles so riders of all levels can have a blast.
- Renaissance Park – Another great singletrack mountain bike trail. Mostly woody over roots with nice drops and downhills including the gully trail with some fun whoop-de-doos.
So there you are, seven great rides for all types of cycling enthusiasts. Grab your whip, your gear and get ready for a great ride.
A luxurious, stylish apartment at Southpark Commons Apartment Homes is just minutes away from the best rides in Charlotte, NC. Offering modern, spacious designs, first-class amenities and a convenient location, there’s no better place to be.